- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) on 6th January, 2020 proposed 2,700 crores of infrastructure plans to construct its first Human Space Flight Infrastructure Centre (HSFIC) in Challakere, Karnataka. It will provide the facility for training of astronauts to manned missions. As per the proposal, the centre will start functioning within the next three years.
- The Mizoram Government is organising the Zo Kutpui festival in at least 10 states across India and countries such as US, Myanmar and Bangladesh from 9th January to 11th January, 2020. The first edition of the festival will start at Vanghmun in Tripura. It aims to unify and strengthen the brotherhood among various Mizo tribes living in different parts of the world.
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) will observe the year 2020 as the ”year of mobility” that will have a special focus on creation of more residential units and implementation of various welfare measures for the troops. In 2020, the CISF aims to create an infrastructure for their families. CISF, a Central Armed Police Force in India, was set up on 10th March 1969.
- The Government of India announced its first ‘Antarrashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman’, for 30 media houses, to be conferred on 7th January, 2020. The objective behind this award is to bring positivity and acknowledge the role of media in disseminating the outreach of Yoga in the world. The award was instituted in June 2019. The awards are to be provided in the categories of Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Television (8 awards), Best Media Coverage of yoga in Radio (11 awards) and Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Newspapers (11 awards).
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) on 5th January, 2020 announced that eight states namely Maharashtra, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, Nagaland, Assam, Tamil Nadu, Punjab and Karnataka finalised the action plan for agriculture export policy, which aims to double such exports from 30 billion USD to 60 billion USD by 2022. The Agricultural Export Policy was introduced in December 2018.
- The population of the saltwater or estuarine crocodile (Crocodylus porosus) has increased in the water bodies of Odisha’s Bhitarkanika National Park and its nearby areas in Kendrapara district to 1,757 in this year’s annual reptile census as compared to 1,742 in 2018. According to the census, in 2000, there were 1,192 crocodiles in the park. The Bhitarkanika National Park obtained the status of Ramsar site in 2002.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Indian Science, Technology and Engineering Facilities Map (I-STEM) website at the 107th India Science Congress on 3rd January, 2020 in New Delhi. It has been developed by scientists from the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru. It is designed to be the gateway for researchers to locate specific type of facility they need for their R&D work in India.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Where will the first Human Space Flight Centre be established?
- Andhra Pradesh
Q2. Which state is organising the Zo Kutpui festival?
Q3. The year 2020 will be observed as the “year of mobility” by __________
- Delhi Police
Q4. When was the Antarrashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman instituted?
Q5. How many states finalised the action plan for agriculture export policy?
Q6. Who launched Meri Dilli, Mera Sujhav Campaign?
- Is SRM Amaravati good for studies
- What are the best back link tools
- Is partial socialism better than unrestricted capitalism
- What do you know about Imam Hussain
- Does pseudopsychopathic schizophrenia exist
- What is the meaning of “simply expectation”
- What could North Korea learn from Vietnam
- What brings out your soul
- Which grapes make the best wine
- When were firearms introduced in warfare
- What happens when you cut your wrist
- Do girls like boys or men
- Where can I quickly buy perfume online
- Which is the best luxury lifestyle blog
- How can I avoid staring at girl
- What does each religion believe
- What is Indias current fiscal policy
- Are Japanese people racist against black people
- What car should one buy in Amsterdam