IES 2020 Application Form, Registration Dates, Fees and Process
Updated On - November 15th, 2019
IES 2020 Registration Window 2020 was open from September 25 – October 15, 2019. Candidates filled ESE/ IES Application Form in online mode only at the official website of UPSC – upsc.nic.in.
Latest: Registered candidates were given the option to withdraw their IES Application from October 22 – 28, 2019.
- Candidates who register successfully will be issued IES Admit Card in December 2019.
- Candidates had to register online, pay application fees, fill the form, and upload scanned documents to fulfil the requirements of the application process.
- IES Application Fees is INR 200, however women, SC, ST and PWD candidates are exempted from fee payment.
- Candidates had to upload their passport size photograph, signature and photo ID proof.
- IES Application Form was available in English and Hindi, but it can only be filled in the English language.
Direct link to withdraw IES Application Form 2020
IES Application Form 2020 Highlights
The key points about registration for IES 2020 are highlighted below:
|Conducting Body||UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|IES Official Website||upsc.gov.in|
|Minimum qualification to fill IES Application Form||Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognized University|
|Documents required at the time of form-filling||Scanned copy photograph, signature and Photo ID proof|
|IES Application Fee|
INR 200, Women & Reserved Category – Exempted
|Candidates expected to register for IES 2020||Over 2 lakhs|
|IES Vacancies Announced||495|
|IES Contact Details||011-23385271/ 23381125/ 23098543|
Download IES 2020 Official Notification
IES/ ESE 2020 Registration Dates
As per IES 2020 Notification, UPSC had released IES Application Form on September 25, 2020. Tabulated below is the schedule for the registration of ESE 2020 examination.
|Events||Official IES 2020 Dates|
|Release of IES 2020 Notification||September 25, 2019|
|IES 2020 Registration Window||September 25 – October 15, 2019|
|Last day to pay IES Application Fees||October 15, 2019|
|IES Application Withdrawal Window||October 22 – 28, 2019 (6:00 PM)|
|Issue of IES Admit Card for Prelims exam||December 2019|
|IES/ ESE 2020 Preliminary Exam Date||January 05, 2020|
|IES/ ESE 2020 Main exam Date||June 28, 2020|
How to fill IES Application Form 2020?
IES 2020 Application Form was available at the official website of UPSC from September 25 – October 15, 2019. Candidates can register for the exam in online mode only. The application process involves online registration, payment of application fees, choosing exam center and engineering discipline, uploading scanned documents and submitting the form.
Pre-requisites for IES Registration 2020
Candidates must keep the following documents handy before beginning with IES Application Process:
- A valid mobile number,
- An active email address
- Class 10, 12 and graduation marksheets. Check IES Eligibility
- Candidate’s recent colored passport size Photograph
- Scanned image of candidate’s Signature
- Scanned image of candidate’s Photo ID proof
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Physical disability certificate (if applicable)
- Banking details to pay fees online
Steps to Register for IES 2020
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link “online application for various examinations of UPSC” on the home page.
- Already registered candidates can apply directly for the examination by clicking on the link.
- New candidates should enter on “new users” for one-time registration process of IES.
- Candidates will be redirected to a new web page with online registration form.
Step 1: IES Registration 2020
- This is the first step involved in IES Registration, where candidates are required to provide their personal details.
- Details required in this stage are as follows:
- Name – Enter the name of candidate who is appearing for IES. The name should be the same as mentioned in the 10th or 12th passing certificate.
- Parents Name – Candidate has to provide the names of his/ her parents' in the form. One must make sure to not prefix Shri/ Mr. Dr. etc while entering the names.
- Gender – Select your gender i.e. male or female.
- Date of Birth – Provide the date of birth as mentioned in passing certificates of class 10th and 12th.
- Nationality – Interested candidates are required to select their nationality. All candidates except citizens of India are required to produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- Email Address – Provide a valid and active email ID. All the communication related to IES is done on the ID provided.
- Password – Here, choose a maximum 10 digit password for future logins. It should have at least 1 character and 1 number.
- Mobile Number – Provide a working mobile number. Make sure to enter it correctly because this is another medium where all the communication related to IES will be done.
- Academic Details – The following details are required under this head:
- Details of 10th class examination-Aggregate marks in percentage, total marks, year of pass out and board name
- Details of 12th class examination- Aggregate marks in percentage, total marks, year of pass out and board name
- Details of B.Tech: Aggregate marks in percentage, total marks, year of pass out and the name of university.
Step 2: IES Application Fees
UPSC has stipulated a specific application fee a candidate needs to pay in order to access IES Application Form. Tabulated below is the fee as per candidate’s category:
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
|General/ OBC/ EWS||200|
- IES Application Fee can be paid via online or offline mode.
- Online mode – Payment can be done through SBI Net Banking/ Any Credit card/ Debit card.
- Offline mode – Submit bank challan of INR 200 at the nearest branch of State Bank of India.
Note: Candidates making payment via cash should take a printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. Candidate has to visit nearest SBI branch for depositing fee after 24 hours of generation of challan. Last day to generate SBI e-challan was October 14, 2019.
Step 3: IES Exam Center selection
- Next, select the location preference for IES exam center.
- Candidates will have an option to select just one exam center for Indian Engineering Services examination.
- The exam center options need to be made from a drop-down menu.
Step 4: Uploading of Photograph, Signature and ID Proof
- This is the last step in the entire registration procedure for IES.
- The scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG format.
- In this step, candidates are required to upload their scanned Photo, Signature and Photo ID proof as per the specifications defined by UPSC.
|Documents||Not less than||Not more than||Pixel size||Format|
|Photograph||20 KB||300 KB||350 x 350 to 1000 x 1000||JPG|
|Signature||20 KB||300 KB||350 x 350 to 1000 x 1000||JPG|
|Photo ID Proof||20 KB||300 KB||-|
Check IES Exam Pattern
There are few points that one should consider before finally submitting IES Application Form. The points are listed below:
- Make sure that the photograph and signature are properly cropped and clear.
- The photograph should not contain any mark such as signature etc.
- The signature file should contain your recent signature only without any marks.
- In case of poor quality images, not properly cropped or swapping of photograph/signature file, the application is liable to be rejected.
- After filling the application form, candidates should check if all the details furnished by them are accurate.
- Corrections can be done in the application form of IES before submitting the form.
- Once the form is submitted, it can neither be withdrawn nor corrected.
- Therefore, candidates are advised to verify all the details that they have entered in the application form before they submit it.
- They should carefully navigate through all the sections in the application form and see if all the details entered are accurate.
- After checking thoroughly, click on “submit” button.
- Candidates must take a printout of the filled application form for future use.
Important Instructions related to IES Application Form 2020
- It is advisable to submit a single application. If a candidate submits multiple applications, it will result in cancellation of candidature.
- If due to any unavoidable reason, candidate submits more than one application, the application with higher RID (Registration ID) will be accepted by UPSC. Also, the fee paid against one RID will not be adjusted against any other RID.
- Candidates in Government Service/ in Government owned industrial undertakings/ other similar organisations/ in private employment should apply online directly to the Commission.
- Choice of exam center and engineering discipline should be made carefully. No changes will be entertained regarding the same at later stages.
- Information regarding use of scribes by PwD candidates will be clearly mentioned in IES Application Form. One must go through the same thoroughly.
- Applications found incomplete or defective will be rejected immediately. No representation regarding the same will be entertained under any circumstances.
Read IES Syllabus
IES (ESE) Application Form FAQs
Ques. When and where will IES 2020 application form be available?
Ans. Union Public Service Commission or UPSC released IES Application Forms from September 25, 2019. Candidates have to visit UPSC Official Website in order to access the application form. The last date to register for IES exam was October 15, 2019.
Ques. There was a small mistake while filling the application form. Can I rectify it now?
Ans. No. One must take note that after finally submitting the application form for engineering services examination no changes will be entertained by the authorities. In case of any mistake in filling application, candidate is responsible. Hence, it is important to review the form thoroughly before submitting it. If the registration window is still open, candidate can resubmit a new application again and has to pay the application fee as well.
Ques. The size of the photograph that I have is larger than what is specified for filling IES application form. What should I do now?
Ans. UPSC has defined specific dimensions for images to be uploaded in the application form of IES. In case, the size is exceeding the specifications, one can compress the same. The size of the photograph should not be more than 300 KBs. After compressing it to the desired size, you can upload it.
Steps to Resize or Crop Pictures
There are two methods to resize the documents in Microsoft Paint (Click Start, Programs, Accessories, then Paint). They are as follows:
- First Method –
- Open the image file that needs to be edited.
- Click the Image Menu at the top and select Stretch/Skew Image.
- Choose a percentage figure to resize the image.
- Click ‘Ok’.
- Once you have the desired size, click File, then Save or click Save As
- Second Method –
- Enable Num Lock by pressing the Num Lock button on your keyboard.
- Select the entire image.
- Hold down Ctrl and press the - or + button on your number pad to resize the image. (The number pad is a square arrangement of numbers and symbols on your keyboard, that can only be enabled with the Num Lock. )
Ques. What is the application fee for IES 2020?
Ans. As per the authorities, the application fee for the examination is INR 200 for general category candidates. Females candidates and reserved category candidates do not have to pay the application fee.
Ques. Can I pay the application fee through offline mode?
Ans. Yes. There is a provision to pay the application fee via offline mode. Candidates have to visit the nearest branch of State Bank of India and pay a Bank Challan of INR 200.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College
- What is your color today
- How valid is the Flynn effect
- Is abortion possible after birth
- How can I explore Ooty better
- What can we learn from ancient philosophers
- What do Malaysians Singaporeans think of Indonesia
- Is there a multichannel dvr
- What is the importance of e Commerce
- What does goodnight Vienna actually mean?no_redirect=1
- Who are the ancestors to domestic cats
- What is the method for studying well
- Do moose live in swamps
- Define sublimation of a organic compound
- How long could zombie outbreak usually last
- Why did the Clippers trade Austin Rivers
- What game starts with the word o