Timbaland got his start in Jodeci mastermind DeVante Swing’s musical collective Swing Mob, which was essentially a boot camp for up-and-coming hip-hop and R&B singers, writers & producers. There he would meet future collaborators Ginuwine, Missy Elliott, Magoo, Tweet and more.
When the collective dissolved in 1995, reportedly due to money issues, Timbaland didn’t lose any sleep, getting to work on albums for Ginuwine, Missy, and Aaliyah that are now revered as classics. It wasn’t long before radio took notice, and his partnerships with songwriters like Missy and Playa member Static Major reaped an ineffable string of hits that would have hip-hop artists and pop stars alike clamoring for beats.
Tim’s methods were unorthodox, and his sound was inimitable. It always felt ahead of its time; he was rolling EDM sounds into rap and R&B production five years before it was cool, and his ear for international sounds went a long way in bridging the gap between hip-hop and Eastern music. Moreso than a producer, Tim was a cultivator of talent, building careers for proteges even as he crafted songs for industry heavyweights. His 1996 to 2007 stream of hits is especially legendary, and he's resurrected his profile with Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience.
These are The 50 Best Timbaland Beats.
Written by Craig Jenkins (@CraigSJ)
RELATED: The 50 Best Neptunes Beats
RELATED: The 25 Best Dr. Dre Beats
RELATED: The 100 Greatest Hip-Hop Beats of All Time
- How is the film Saaho
- Can you fix this WordPress plugin
- How can I become a military nurse
- My dreams are better than my life
- How is Survivor actually played
- What is win32 virus
- Why dont Indian girls chat with strangers
- Why is walking downhill so hard
- Are biscuits and gravy a breakfast food
- How can I be a ccie
- What causes an orange sky
- What are arches and domes used for
- What is Manila
- How do I learn blogging fast
- Are you satisfied with your language skills
- Why is wood so expensive
- Why do people love sad songs
- What do distress signals sound like
- Are Zoroastrians in Iran still persecuted
- What screams Im in high school