LIVER SAUSAGE AND BRAUNSCHWEIGER These are cured sausages traditionally made from pork liver and pork hearts. Braunschweiger is smoked after cooking, hence the "braun" in the name. They are best stuffed into beef middles as fibrous casings do not shrink with the sausage. This particular recipe is a modified version of the previous and has much better flavor and texture. The main difference is the addition of chicken liver and beef liver. The amounts of the various meats are not critical and just represent the amounts I ended up with and weighed on a gram scale. You can divide by 450 to get pounds. Source: Jack Schmidling Productions, Inc.
Serving Size: 1 (2502) g
Servings Per Recipe: 1
AMT. PER SERVING% DAILY VALUE
Calories from Fat 132 g51 %
Total Fat 14.7 g22 %
Saturated Fat 5 g25 %
Cholesterol 370.7 mg 123 %
Sodium 1359.6 mg 56 %
Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g 1 %
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g0 %
Sugars 1 g4 %
Protein 26.7 g 53 %
- Cook liver in simmering water for 10 minutes then chill before grinding.
- Grind all meat through 3/16 plate. Chill in freezer for 30 minute.
- Chop in blender or food processor. This sounds a lot easier than it is as you can only do about half a cup at a time. Commercial sausage kitchens use a machine called a chopper but we have to make due with what we have. The idea is to produce what is known as an emulsion. This process is also required for hot dogs, bologna and other sausages where a homogeneous texture is required.
- Stuff in beef middles.
- Place the sausage in a 165 degree F water for about one hour to internal temp of 152°F.
- Chill in cold water.
- Liver Sausage: Store in fridge for about a day before eating. Keeps for several weeks in fridge.
- Braunschweiger: Dry in smoker at 100F, then smoke for 5 hrs at 120°F.
- Is Upes a govt public University
- What is the advantage of PPC
- Does ragging happen in IIIT Hydrabad
- Will all car companies become electric
- Whats your worst dark web experience
- What kinds of professions offend easily
- What do Tunisians think of Libyans
- How are humans able to dominate nature
- Where should I work while in college
- Can you order Papa Johns in advance
- Is Reuters TV a trusty news source
- What are the drawbacks of Kubuntu
- Would Arabs accept Israel back to AFC
- What is a social democratic state
- Where can I purchase medical supplies
- Do you enjoy being around children
- What is conditioned stimulus in psychology