Backing up your files locally is important, but if something like fire or flood happens, your data and your backups are gone. That's why online backup services are great: They keep your data offsite. Last week we asked you which were the best, then we looked at the top five. Now we're back to crown the crowd favorite.
CrashPlan, our own tried and tested favorite, is clearly your favorite too, and took the top spot with a full 50% of the votes cast. Those of you who voted for it praised it for its ease of use and setup, speedy restores, and its customer service and support.
The battle for second place was heated though, with three contenders fighting it out for the next three slots. Relative newcomer Bitcasa Infinite Drive edged out the competition with 18% of the overall vote, likely because of its low cost and virtually infinite storage. Third place was decided by less than 40 votes. Backblaze snagged the third place spot with 14% of the votes cast, while Carbonite slipped to fourth with just over 13%. Bringing up the rear with over 4% of the votes cast was the security and privacy-focused SpiderOak.
For more detail on all of the contenders, and the original poll, head back to the full Hive Five feature to read more.
The Hive Five is based on reader nominations. As with most Hive Five posts, if your favorite was left out, it's not because we hate it—it's because it didn't get the nominations required in the call for contenders post to make the top five. We understand it's a bit of a popularity contest, but if you have a favorite, we want to hear about it. Have a suggestion for the Hive Five? Send us an email at [email protected]!
Get our newsletter
- What are some examples of descriptive poems
- Has greed stolen our future from us
- What is the meaning of trick daddy
- What are telehealth discussion forums
- What is an inventory 1
- Happiness is a choice Is that true
- Will Alibaba ever go out of business
- When was Quora launched 1
- Can forcing a muscle stretch hurt you
- Does my coworker friend hate me
- Do you agree with affirmative action
- Is CP better than IP or not
- What is fine sugar in baking
- Why does force not produce acceleration
- Why are cameras bad for our society