You can use Hangouts to:
- Start a chat conversation or video call.
- Make phone calls using Wi-Fi or data.
- Send text messages with your Google Voice or Google Fi phone number.
Hangouts sync automatically across devices. If you start a Hangout on your computer, you can continue your chat on another device, like your phone.
- In March 2017, we announced plans to evolve classic Hangouts to focus on two experiences that help bring teams together: Hangouts Chat and Hangouts Meet. Both Chat and Meet are available today for G Suite customers and will be made available for consumer users, too. We're planning to transition users from classic Hangouts to Chat and Meet after June 2020. We are fully committed to supporting classic Hangouts users until everyone is successfully migrated to Chat and Meet.
- Classic Hangouts is not available in China.
Your Family Link account can use Hangouts on Android but not on iPhones/iPads.
What you need to use Hangouts
Download and sign in to Hangouts
- On your iPhone or iPad, download the Hangouts app.
- Learn how to sign in on Hangouts.
Note: Hangouts works with Apple's mobile operating system version 8.0 and up.
Use accessibility features
Learn how to use iPhone and iPad accessibility features on Hangouts, like how to make phone calls.
- Should Indian government start funding startups
- What is a marine grunt
- Is TCS still considered a government job
- Are hand soap bottles recyclable
- How do I square a golf club
- What is imaginative writing
- Is there a multichannel dvr
- What is fake blood
- What chip brand is good with burgers
- Why did betaworks acquire Digg
- Is the TransferWise company legal
- Why are photographs printed on glossy paper
- How about Australia
- Who founded Yale University Why
- Which is the best treatment for neurology
- What prevented Armenians from converting to Islam