You can search messages in Gmail by email, date, size, or other keyword in your Inbox, Spam, or Trash.
How to search
- Open Gmail.
- In the search box at the top of the page, write what you're looking for.
- Press Enter.
I can't find a message
If you can't find a message you're looking for, try these tips:
- Inside the search box, click the Down arrow . This opens up a page with more ways to filter your search results.
- If you're searching by a label name, try searching by subject line, sender, or other keyword.
Note: It's possible that the label was only added to one message in the conversation, not the message you're looking for.
- Use search operators to filter your search results.
Search Spam & Trash
Gmail won't show messages from Spam or Trash in your results.
Here's how to see search messages in Spam and Trash:
- Open Gmail.
- In the search box at the top of the page, click the Down arrow .
- In the drop-down menu next to "Search," select Mail & Spam & Trash.
- Enter your search information.
- At the bottom, click Search.
I see suggestions when I search
To help you search faster, Gmail suggests search terms as you type. These search terms are based on information from your Gmail account, like messages, contacts, labels, or past searches.
How searches are saved
To improve search suggestions, your Gmail searches and browsing activity are saved in your Google Account if the Web and App Activity setting is turned on. To see and control your saved activity, visit My Activity.
- Why Apple use a circle for GPRS
- Is Indusiviva the best MLM company
- Why isnt Ford concerned about Teslas Cybertruck
- What is the best Jaws film
- Why are Mexicans on average so short
- How is freshman housing at Wesleyan University
- What defines a slum landlord
- What are the advantages of copper
- What are doublets in the Bible
- Were there any female Nazis
- What do parrots do for fun
- Have you cranked a T Ford
- What is the Lewis Structure of CO
- Can you make pizza with pasta sauce
- What is a raster coordinate
- Do you think Rabindranath Tagore is overrated