Can Nepali people join the American Army

Requirements and Criteria for joining US Military

To join US MILITARY (ARMY,NAVY,MARINE ,AIRFORCE) , you need to make sure the following requirements are met : 

  1.  Application should be in one of the following legal visa status : 

           E, F, H, I, J, K, L, M, O, P, Q, R, S, T, TC, TD, TN, U or V

           i.e to say that if you are E (treaty trader /treaty investor) , F (student)

           H (specialty occupation in field), I (Media/Journalist) , J (exchange visitor), 

           K (non-immigrant visa for fiance) , L (intra company transferee),

           M (vocational or  technical student), O(foreign with extraordinary abilities) 

           P(performing athlete,artist ,entertainer), R (religious worker) , 
           S(alien witness and informants ) , T (victims of Human Trafficking), 
           U or V (victims of crime assisting ) can apply to be an American Soldier. 
           Most popular among the Nepali people to join military is through F1 and 

          If you are in TPS (temporary permanent status) , or refugee or Asylee 
          status then you can apply for US MILITARY . This means that you filed 
          for TPS or Asylyum or Refugee and you were granted for  that status. If 
          you have filed for it and case is pending , you might not be eligible. 


     2.  Candidates should lawfully live in the United States for at least two
          years before  joining the Army (barring DACA) without a solitary 
          nonattendance from the nation enduring longer than 90 days. i.e to
          say you shouldn't have left the country for more than 90 days prior 
          to joining the Army . With that said people living in Nepal you need
          to get a legal visa and come to States to apply for US Military. You can't 
         do it from Nepal.

    3.   Candidates must have a secondary school recognition and a qualifying 
          score on the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AQFT) i.e ASVAB. So if
          you came to  states as a permanent resident and want to goto ARMY 
          but you only have  a high school diploma certificate  from Nepal then
         you must first convert your high school diploma to the  American standard.
         You could do that my submitting your high school diplomas to 
        website. If you are in F1 status and currently attending college , just present

        your college certificates or I-20. 

   4.  Candidate must be 17-34 years old . He/She must be under 35 prior to
        shipping for basic combat training.