Can commonwealth citizens work for British Airways

In order to work for a european airline you need to have the right to live and work in the country where the airline is based. For British Airways that would be the United Kingdom, and for Lufthansa it would be Germany. As a US citizen (I'm guessing thats what you mean when you say "Im America"), you don't have that right. Also, to work for an airline as a flight attendant in Europe, you generally have to live no more than 1 hour away from the airport where you are based. You would also have to be fluent in the national language of the airline, so for Lufthansa you would have to speak fluent German.

Some middle eastern carriers hire crew from all over the world. They are the only airlines I know of that will sort out your visa's and work permits, but you do need to relocate to wherever they are based. Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, and Gulf Air, based in Dubai, Abu Dhabi (UAE), Doha (Qatar), and Manama (Bahrain) respectively.

If you want to work as a flight attendant, and continue to live in the US, you should consider applying for a US based airline.

Source(s): Ex flight purser